Chung Tai Chan Temple
- 01 January 1999
- Location: Kaoshing, Taiwan
- Architect: C.Y. Lee & Partners, Taiwan
- Completion: 1999
- Client: Shenger Corporation, Taiwan
- Scope of work: Cable net facade with point supported glazing
- Cladding: 820 m² single layer safety glass
- Type of structure: approx. 15 t single layer cable net
The Chung Tai Chan Temple in Taiwan is a new spiritual centre dominated by a huge pagoda.
Positioned in visual contrast to the monumental design of the building, two filigree plane cable structures offer a nearly unobstructed view of the sitting Buddha inside.
Each facade has a surface area of approximately 410 m² and consists of rectangular point supported fully tempered glass panels with a lateral length of 1.50 m.
As a concession to the high local wind loads, the prestressed cables of the single layer cable net structure are each designed for loads of 200 kN.